Each Thanksgiving Day our family has a tradition. We bake cookies and confections for the holidays and have a light meal. The giggles actually started the night before when I stayed up until 2:30 cooking a turkey for Thursday's meal. This was a huge bird and a very juicy one! So juicy in fact, that the broiler pan that I was cooking it on spilled over onto the baking element of the oven and there I was at around 2 in the morning with doors open and fans running, in the kitchen with a towel flapping the smoke so the fire alarm would not go off and wake everyone in the family. So FUNNY!
Things were looking up the next day! The cookie baking was well under way and the boys were gracing us with some fine music. Well, I mentioned that everything was progressing quite smoothly! That was a big mistake! We were busily enjoying our tasks in the kitchen when all of a sudden, sparks started flying and smoke started rolling. The element in the oven burned out. Of course we screamed and the guys came running and looking for the fire extinguisher. Not to worry! Hubby fixed the stove today and all is well.
Exciting times tough, and a very funny new holiday story to add to our list. All in all, we had a great time.
Praise the Lord, Anyway!
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Hope you had as much fun as we did!